Friday, June 12, 2009

Creating Memories

i finally created a scrapbook documenting my trip to Ireland that I took a year ago (May 2008). i wanted to do something different than just a normal photo album or even a normal scrapbook. so i "revved" it up a wee bit.
i used a normal composition book and printed off my digital photos on normal computer paper. using the same abstract collage painting techniques that i use in my canvas paintings...i created a unique look for each leg of the trip.


to help tell the story, i used the blog posts from my Ireland blogsite:
http://www.uiscebeatha-wateroflife.blogspot.com


with some of the pages i was able to almost create a themed landscape painting with the photos and paint and a little embellishment of writing or sketching.


now i can look through the scrapbook and remember the trip on so many levels.


these are just a few of the pages. i had so much fun creating this scrapbook. i plan to do one for my trip to Paris and for my trip to Germany that i took last fall.


No comments: