Sunday, May 23, 2010

Painting FREEDOM

Yesterday I had the wonderful honor of being able to paint during worship. These are 2 of my most favorite things integrated together. So along with lots of coffee before and after, and the joy of people joining in to worship God (which is all about relationship with God)....my heart was released to express freedom more than I've ever done before. I believe something happened yesterday in a deep meaningful way for a lot of people. I painted a word on the backdrop for both morning services at Boise Vineyard (first service I painted "TRUTH" and second service I painted "Spirit") and then I painted on a large canvas during worship for a special evening service (which the painting seemed to transform before our eyes throughout the night). The photos just can't convey the complete freedom that was unleashed in me as I painted and danced and sang and jumped and leaped and flung paint and laughed and cried. People were responding in worship and were released in freedom too and many came up to me afterwards to tell me their stories. I am humbled and in awe at how a simple act of me being all that I am could inspire so many people to be all that they can be.
painting with the band during morning services painting
i used brushes, rags, and my fingers
Truth
Spirit
the words
painting with the band during worship on Sunday night
come Holy Spirit.
purple flowing into blue (representing the freedom of the Holy Spirit)
Grace written in the white paint as if from God washing over us & yellow (representing God's presence coming down to us)
painting waves in the center of a white circle (representing many things...depending on what it speaks to people...the storms of life, the river of God...etc.)
letting differnent colors of paint drip down like rain (the red representing the cleansing blood of Jesus)
the finished painting...i call it "MORE LORD!"

No comments: