Thursday, August 19, 2010

breathe again


"breathe again" 32x47 mixed media on cardboard. c.2010 Lisa Marten

This is my newest painting. I took an 18x24 impressionistic oil painting I had done years ago of the Isle of Coll, Scotland and fixed it to primed cardboard that I had glued printed text to. Then I used latex house paints to create the abstract expressionist effect.

I wanted this painting to portray a hope that is stronger than our circumstances & situations...that regardless of how things look or feel in our lives...there is always hope, always grace, always a chance to breathe again.

I call this painting: breathe again. The text in the background says: all shall be well, and all shall be well, every manner of thing shall be well...no matter what...there is grace.

No comments: