Monday, August 14, 2017

It's Okay...

"The Road You Take"
c. 2017 Lisa Marten
24x30 mixed media on canvas
$636

Fear is a like a huge paralyzing octopus that can wrap itself around you and squeeze you so tightly you can't breathe.

This painting has been rattling around in my head for a long time (a portion of a dream I had a few years ago) but a recent event in my life (getting lost on some treacherous roads where I felt my tires slipping as I ascended a mountain) pushed it forward to have me face underlying fears, learning to let go and trust. 

Today I put paint to canvas and let myself process through that moment and I'm reminded that God is with me (I'm not alone), He goes before me and He is behind me. He is my rescuer and He calms my fears and makes me brave. 

This painting is a response...telling my fear to run...telling my heart I'm loved...telling me no matter if I can't see what's ahead of me or hear Him or know what I'm to do or if the paint in me is too deep and I feel too small like I can't go on...like it's all slipping away and I can't hold on and I don't know what to do...it's okay. I'm okay.

And so I share this painting with you...to speak all of this to you too. If you've ever felt this way...please know, He understands, God is with you even in the really really hard messy painful stuff of life. He believes in you and He is holding on to you.




No comments: