Saturday, October 9, 2010

Introducing An Emerging Artist


"Rhythm of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah" 12x16 acrylic and ink on canvas. c. 2010 Alyee Willets.

I remember what it was like to start out as a full time artist 12 years ago. It was exciting and yet a bit daunting too. There's so much to experience and learn...where and how does one begin? I recall those mentors in my life who encouraged me to paint from the passion within me. And I remember those in the art community who helped promote me and opened the doors for my first art shows. I wouldn't be where I'm at today if it weren't for those who believed in me as an artist and helped give me the courage to believe in myself as an artist.

Today I find myself in the wonderful position to "pay it forward".

I want to introduce you to an emerging artist friend of mine from Boise, Idaho. Alyee Willets is a mixed media artist who paints vibrant and emotive prophetic paintings. She works in multiple layers using various mediums and techniques that create her unique abstract expressionist style.

Alyee has traveled the globe and lived overseas serving as a missionary with YWAM. She has a Divinely inspired compassionate heart for those who have been oppressed and broken-hearted. And she continues to be connected with those who have impacted her life so richly. This intimate expression pours forth from her heart into her paintings and the viewer finds themselves engaging and interacting with the art in profound and deep ways.

I've had the priviledge of getting to watch Alyee as she paints and I can say that it's truly an inspiring experience. I've found myself so mesmerized by her creative energy of color usage and layering techniques that I want to go grab a canvas and some paints and jump into the creation process beside her!

Alyee sells the art she creates (originals and prints) and she does commissioned work. She has created prophetic paintings live during church worship services. She has also taught beginning painting to children and has recently painted a commissioned mural. Alyee has shown her work in the August-October 2010 VineArts Gallery Art Exhibit titled "Embracing Glory" and will have her first solo art show November 2010 at LUX Fashion Lounge in downtown Boise.

If you're interested in seeing more of Alyee's work and would like to inquire about commissioning/purchasing her art, you can email her at: cherid465@msn.com or call her at: 1.208.283-6094. You can also visit Alyee at her blog: http://whenheavencomesdown.blogspot.com/ or on Facebook.

Again...I am extremely appreciative of those who introduced me as an emerging artist all those years ago, and I find it to be a huge honor to be able to do the same today for someone else. Though it can be quite challenging and difficult and the road can be bumpy and confusing at times...being an artist is one of the most rewarding and enriching things to be in life. You see, it's more than just a job or an occupation...it's who we are deep in our hearts. It's how we see the world. It's how we speak the Divine creatively. It's how we live the adventure.

Welcome Alyee Willets...YOU ARE AN ARTIST!

No comments: