Thursday, October 21, 2010

WARRIOR PAINTER


the caterpillar in "Alice in Wonderland" poses the question, "Who are you?"
this painting is my response.
just as Alice had to embark on a difficult journey to face her "impossible things" in order to answer the wise insects' question...creating this painting took me on quite a journey to face my fears in order to answer the question for myself.
it's the first time i've attempted to do a self portrait.
it's a 24x36 size canvas layered in symbolic details utilizing oils, acrylics, latex house paints, paper, ink, and various objects.
the answer to this question, for me, began back when i was 13. i had a reoccuring dream for 2 weeks after i had given my life over to Christ. that dream (as vivid today as it was in 1983) had everything to do with "who i am".
and yet i didn't understand. "the wrong Lisa"
when i lived in Scotland 8 years ago, the dream was interpreted by a man who specialized in dream interpretation. he explained that it was packed full of symbolic imagery and i was told that i had been given the answer to who i was all those years ago when i was a teenager.
and yet...i still didn't understand. "hardly Lisa"
this year has been an amazing year of waking up, really seeing inside of myself, and stepping into who i am (mind, body, heart, spirit). i've embarked on an intense inner journey to face my "impossible things" in order to "slay the Jabberwocky" in my life.
and now...i understand. "the right Lisa"
with my mind renewed and All Consuming Fire in my heart, and Revelator & Art upon my arms, i dance & fling paint and wield Worship & Intercession as my swords in battle, i shout Freeeeeeedoooooooommmmm! for hearts held captive.
i'm in love with God. and God's in love with me. this is who i am and this is who i'll be. and that settles it. completely.
i am WARRIOR PAINTER!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is it possible to have goose bumps from head to toe!??? I love this!!!! and i love the painting - what a journey..... I wish/intend to have the same powerful revelation some day ;) wow wow wow! Wish we were nearer!!
A xx