Sunday, October 15, 2017

Gallery Coffee House Art Exhibit Opening in November


I'm the featured artist for November 2017 at Gallery Coffee House (1103 N. Main St. Meridian, ID) and I'm having an Opening Reception on Saturday November 4 from 2pm to 5pm.

Like the diversity of the brushes and tools I utilize to create, we are all important in our uniqueness of who we are and valued within the conversation as we speak into each others' lives. 

Join me for an afternoon of coffee, conversation, and collaborative art. There will be lots of opportunity to view my new artwork, as we connect together in community. And don't forget there's great coffee, tea, smoothies, and snacks that Gallery Coffee has to offer, so know you'll be taken care of. 

Examples of my new work that you will see exhibited:
Left Photo: "Lean Into The Spin" 24x30 mixed media on canvas. This painting is about learning not to fight or fear the spin of the process of self discovery. 
Right Photo: "Layer Exploring" 24x30 mixed media on canvas. This painting explains the process of self discovery. Each layer is important and adds to the next. The entirety makes up the whole. 

The paintings in this exhibit have been created over the period of a year, during which I have been exploring a deeper understanding and journey of discovery as an adult being born with a physical disability and on the autistic spectrum. 

Through this time of exploration of how I’ve been made and wired, I’ve dove into the emotions of facing my limitations and fears and at the same time challenged myself to move forward towards brave possibilities. Painting has been a voice for my processing and a way to relate to myself and the world around me. 

I’ve created paintings in a series titled “Hands and Feet” that directly correlate with my discovery. Much of what is dealt with in the paintings here in this exhibit titled “Discovery” have to do with the actual processing (what I found myself going through and experiencing in order for me to fully embrace what I have been learning about myself at deeper levels. I’m excited to share this work with you. 





No comments: