Thursday, October 26, 2017

Loving Vincent


I don't usually write movie reviews here...but this movie is near and dear to my heart. As I've expressed before...Vincent Van Gogh has been a painter that has inspired my work from the start...so when I heard they were making this ground breaking artistic movie about his life I knew I would need to see it. 


If you haven't heard of the film "Loving Vincent" yet...I want to let you know about it. I was able to see it last night here in Boise, Idaho at one of our local theaters that shows independent and foreign films. The movie (about Dutch post impressionist/pre-expressionist painter Vincent Van Gogh) is  nothing like I've ever seen or experienced before. It was breathtaking and delightful, it was also suspenseful and heart wrenching. Yes...it did make this artist cry. 

"Loving Vincent" is a the world's first fully painted film (65,000 frames on over a 1000 canvases by a team of 100 painters working in studios in Poland and Greece taking close to 6 years to complete the project, shooting the film with actors first and then literally painting over it frame by frame). And let me tell you...after experiencing the film...it's like you get to be IN Vincent's paintings the entire 90 minutes. 

"Loving Vincent" is also the tragic story of the death of Vincent, addressing the mystery around what actually happened and why. The acting, the filming, the painting, the story...it draws you in and captivates you like any stellar drama will. I'm guessing this movie will be up for some Academy Awards next year. 

HERE IS THE TEASER TRAILER FOR IT:

Loving Vincent - Official Trailer 2016 from Visual Atelier 8 on Vimeo.



HERE IS THE THEATRICAL TRAILER FOR IT: 


TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS INTERNATIONALLY GROUND BREAKING ARTISTIC FILM ABOUT ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST INFLUENTIAL ARTISTS: http://lovingvincent.com/the-movie,3,pl.html


TO CHECK OUT THE U.S. OPENING DATES, THEATERS, TIMES and if it's coming to a theater near you:  http://us.lovingvincent.com


No comments: