Thursday, June 21, 2007

To Paint


I want to paint like Jackson Pollock.

To let the paint fly and find its’ own way to the canvas. Freeform emotion splattering onto a sea of innocence. That would be freedom to meIf I could paint like Jackson Pollock. I love the feeling of the paint between my fingers. Squishing and oozing into a kaleidoscope of color. The paint becomes a part of me, and I a part of it. We become one with the canvas. Like lovers intertwined we danceI’m intoxicated with passion as I stroke the canvas with my tinctured fingertips. Sometimes gently, sometimes rough. To know my paint is to know me. We are one essence. Shall I raise my hands to the air in praise of the God who poured out His creativity into me? To paint…to live…to worship…this, is my desire.
c. 2002 Lisa Marten


photo taken by R.H.