Saturday, March 8, 2008

the way of the journey


I belong to a Writers Guild in Boise, Idaho. We're a group of about 20 who meet every 3rd Saturday at Barnes & Noble for a couple of hours. We grab some coffee and spend some time reading whatever we've been working on to gain encouragment & critique. Some of the members are published authors and some are just creative types who like to write. We seem to all have a commonality that our faith in God is very important to us. Being that it's March...this month our assignment is to write something (in whatever genre we choose) about marching forward or about our dreams and hopes, perhaps even St. Patrick if we choose. I'm starting to figure out what might be causing my artist block and I'm trying to work through it. I pecked this out on my laptop today. I'm quite excited because it's a start at pushing through this block I've been experiencing. So here is my attempt at writing a poem.
The Way of the Journey.
c. 2008 Lisa Marten
Walk.
Run.
Fly.
Crawl.

Climb.
Reach.
Jump.
Fall.

Just keep going.
Just keep swimming.
Just keep praying.
Just keep living.

Cathart.
Learn.
Dream.
Be.

Embrace it.
Push through it.
Get to know it.
Don’t rush it.

Dance.
Laugh.
Sing.
Give.

Risk.
Fight.
Hope.
Forgive.

Soak it up.
Mess it up.
Suck it up.
Don’t give up.

Breathe.
Cry.
Trust.
Release.

You were made for this.
You can get through this.
You are worth this.
You can do this.

This is the way of the heart.
This is the way of the journey.

1 comment:

Birgit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.