Thursday, July 16, 2015

Next Stop: Maui

this is a 12.5"x16.5" soft pastel & acrylic painting on brown paper
that i created recently as my mind is looking forward to 
my upcoming return trip to the beautiful Hawaiian island of Maui. 

There is something to be said and learned for being open to building and cultivating relationships within community...even if they cross oceans. 

I've been asked to return to the beautiful Pacific island of Maui in July to serve with the wonderful people of the Ke Aha Vineyard church in Kahului. 

If you recall, I had the honor of ministering through creativity within their community last year while I was on a month long art ministry trip to Maui and the Big Island of Hawaii. While I was on Maui, I was given the opportunity to hang out and connect with Ke Aha on several occasions. This opened doors for me to paint live during 2 of their worship services and share with them about creative ministry during an additional meeting. I also got to hang out with some of them, go surfing, and experience true island Aloha through them. I absolutely found it a gift to be allowed the opportunity to listen in on the conversation that God was already having with them...and to be blessed to enter into that conversation through creativity. It was a privilege to hear His heartbeat for them and to be given the chance to speak through the language of art. 

Since I've returned to the mainland and life in Idaho, I have continued to keep in contact with the pastors and many of the Ke Aha Tribe, which has kept those heart doors open (and just as I've ministered to them, they have been speaking into my life in return). 

This year I will once again get to return to Maui to minister with them through creativity by painting live during a worship service. With established relationship, this second opportunity to be in the midst of their Ohana excites me even more than the first! It's like going home. 

If you're interested, you can follow my trip at: 

With MUCH ALOHA! 

No comments: