Friday, October 9, 2009

Facilitating Art & Worship Events


One of the coolest things I get to do as a leader within VineArts is to help facilitate special Art & Worship events for large & small groups. The people who participate in these events with us have usually either never experienced putting paintbrush to canvas before or have never experienced utilizing art as an act of worship to God. These events become opportunities to break down barriers, cut through defense mechanisms, face fears, and bring healing to hearts as people allow themselves to work side by side partnering with God in creating something together in community as an act of worship to God.
Tonight I helped to facilitate another one of these kinds of events in our VineArts Studio. No matter how many times I get to do stuff like this...I am always blown away by what I get to see taking place within people as they connect and create. There's a joy that flows throughout the room when people start letting go of their fears and allow themselves to engage with the art...and ultimately allow themselves to engage with God.
Tonight I got to see people connecting, engaging, and being released through creativity within community. It excites me to see people set free in these ways.

No comments: