Saturday, October 31, 2009

KaChow!

This Halloween I participated in a "Trunk or Treat" celebration at the church I attend. People decorated the trunks of their cars to hand out candy to kids as a safer & hopefully more enjoyable alternative to the door to door trick or treating.
My friend and I decided to go with the animated Disney movie CARS as a theme (knowing that the movie is a big hit with kids & many adults and because she has a really hot looking red sports car). So we took great joy in decorating her red Scion TC to look like "Lightning McQueen". We had tons of fun preparing. I created the outside decorations to make the car really look like Lightning McQueen. I used acrylic paints on paper and then fixed magnets to the back of them so they would stay on the car. My friend took care of the decorations within the trunk. There was a race track with matchbox CARS characters, a set of tools, racing flags, and of course TONS of candy.
We were dressed up as the PIT CREW for the famous animated race car to hand out candy to the kids. We had fun posing with socket wrenches and oil rags as parents wanted pictures of their kids with us and the car. We were like celebrities!
There was a contest for best decorated car at the end of the night. We won FIRST PLACE by a UNANIMOUS vote! Everyone loved us! The kids were mesmerized and lit up with joy when they saw the car. Many of them came running across the parking lot shouting with delight "Lightning McQueen!" I think one little boy actually thought the car was the REAL Lightning McQueen! This was by far the funnest Halloween I've had in a LONG time!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This is awesome! I was doing searches for Disney's Cars Land, and came across your blog. Too bad you can't take your version to the park and drive it alongside the character version of Mater... A very belated congratulations on your first place win. You deserved it!