Monday, March 26, 2012

The Redemptive Choice to Love

"REDEMPTION" 4foot by 4foot mixed media on sound panel. c. 2012 Lisa Marten

Here is the second painting I created during the worship services at Trinity Presbyterian church in Boise this month. It partners with a painting I did 2 weeks ago called "Separation" and coincides with their current sermon series on the effects of sin in our lives. Last time I painted about how sin consumes us with... selfishness as it separates us from God, from others, even from ourselves. This painting is called "Redemption" I painted about how through the redemptive blood of Christ we are made clean and can embrace love...Gods love, others love, our love....and how that love is open arms to give more love out in community...not isolation.(the image is two people embracing).

"CHOICES" (4) paintings in (1) acrylic on cardboard & foamcore. c. 2012 Lisa Marten

I painted live during the prayer & worship night for the college age young adult small groups that was held in the VineArts Studio this last Sunday night. It's 4 paintings in ONE! I call this "CHOICES" ...which is a response to a word that one of the leaders spoke about...that God is giving us choices...in how we worship,pray,take communion,serve others,and fellowship. The night consisted of 3 small groups from Boise Vineyard coming together and joining with other small groups meeting in other areas around Idaho, Washington, California, and Colorado...all at the same time to pray & worship together. I was blessed to be asked to be a part of something so big and so beautiful ...full of life & community. I LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF!!! and they are praying for me and for my travels in art ministry as I set out around the global world and I'm praying for them as they reach out into the local and regional world. We all have choices...we just need to enter into them. 

No comments: