Monday, December 19, 2011

Traveling Artist: New Beginnings

Taking Art and Ministry Around the World
Full time working artist,  Lisa Marten , takes her creative talents, Heart for people , and love for god  to local communities near and far as a full time art minister.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”  And I said, “Here am I, send me.” -Isaiah 6:8
"tHIS IS MY PRAYER FOR YOU: THAT YOU WILL NOT ONLY LOVE MUCH, BUT WELL."~PHILIPPIANS 1:9
As you may know...I’ve been a full time working artist for 13 years. I utilize many different mediums and a variety of artforms within my art business revelatorART. Along with a way of life and my income, Art is a form of worship to God for me. I partner with God throughout my creative process. My desire is that His heart may be revealed to people through the art I create. I have a degree in Psychology and have utilized art therapy with children and adults and have seen the healing and therapeutic results of art when people allow themselves to connect to their hearts through creativity. I’ve been a volunteer art minister and leader with the arts ministry VineArts at the Boise Vineyard Christian Fellowship in Boise, Idaho for the past 7 years where I’ve served people through creative activities and artistic focus within ministry.  I’ve worked side by side with other arts ministers connecting with artists and getting to see people gain a deeper understanding of themselves as creative beings created by God. Throughout the years I’ve traveled around the world (sometimes for exploring and sometimes to serve and help in other countries-I’ve even lived overseas).  Regardless what the trip might be for, I’ve always found myself doing art and connecting with other artists on my travels. My training in all of these areas (whether organized or organic) has prepared me for something new and inspiring. Recently I’ve recognized how I can join both art and ministry together by traveling to places where I have connections (people I’ve met who are already living and serving abroad to communities small and large) to bring art as a form of ministry and worship to those communities in creative ways. It’s this endeavor that I want to bring to your attention to share my heart with you about. I’m going to be taking art and ministry around the world.

THE WHOLE WORLD IS MY CANVAS!

Upcoming Travels in Art and Ministry
As you can imagine, I’m looking forward to my future travels around the world bringing art as ministry to communities near and far.
Each place I’m sent to (with it’s differingculture and demographics) will require different kinds of art ministry.
“we get to PAINT on people’s lives.”
~Dean Estes, Artist and Art Minister
One place I might work with a small group doing individual artistic activities with them as examples to help them connect closer with themselves and God.
“everyone gets to PLAY.”
~Jessie Nilo, Artist/Art Minister and Director of VineArts
Another place I might work with a larger group doing  art activities that exercise community by allowing them to work side by side with each other to create something together.
Some places I’m to go to I already have had confirmation for, and other places I’ve yet to know for sure...but wherever I am sent, whoever I’m to meet with, and whenever I’m to go, I know that it’s going to be a creative adventure!

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PARTNER WITH ME IN MINISTRY?



Would you be willing to partner with me in prayer as I take these steps on this creative journey? You see, we’re in this together. I really do believe I take you with me wherever I go. You’re a part of this adventure as much as I am. I appreciate your prayers and your encouragement more than you realize.




And If you’d like to help financially towards travel expenses and/or art supplies, any contribution would be a blessing and appreciated. Contact me for details. revelatorart@yahoo.com  




I will be writing about my adventures on my art blogsite: www.revelatorart.blogspot.com . You can receive the posts in your email by subscribing to it on the site. And if you’d like to be kept up to date on a more personal level via email where I will be posting prayer requests and updates, please contact me: revelatorart@yahoo.com  and let me know and I’ll be sure to add you to my email newsletter list.  Thank you.

STAY TUNED: SOON I WILL ANNOUNCE AN UPCOMING TRIP FOR APRIL...

No comments: